The Diamond-Furr Continuous Insulation (CI) System trims have been created to meet the needs of projects specified with 3-coat plaster over rigid insulation in compliance with new energy code criteria.
The Diamond-Furr ® 2-pc Expansion Joint (pt# DFXS-15375) is a superior water management expansion joint system based on our popular X-Slide trims. The trim is available with plaster ground options including: plaster keys, hemmed legs for smooth finish or a weep screed top portion.
Diamond-Furr Trims have a patented design which has a built-in furring strip that extends beyond the insulation by 3/8″. This strip creates the perfect foundation for a continuous furring and has several significant benefits:
- The strip has holes punched every 3-1/4″ which are designed for attaching metal lath by making a butterfly tie with 18 gauge tie wire. This completely removes the need to secure the lath with mechanical fasteners and effectively eliminates 100% of the penetrations through the WRB.
- No penetrations results in greatly reduced exposure to moisture migration responsibility.
- The elimination of fasteners and penetrations means that additional peal & stick membranes are no longer required.
- Without the need for peel & stick barriers the full 7/8″ depth can be achieved at the critical termination points and less cracking will occur.
- Tie wire attachment method creates a flexible connection which reduces the possibility for cracks and thermal transmission.
- Continuous 3/8″ furring results in superior scratch coat embedment
For a complete system we recommend using Diamond-Furr’s CI System Termination Trims along with the 18 GA Field Furring Strips for the best possible protection against moisture intrusion, minimized thermal bridging, superior lath embedment and the greatly reduced exposure to moisture migration responsibility.
MATERIAL: 24 Gauge Galvanized Steel G90
Full List of Diamond-Furr products for 1.5″ Continuous Insulation System
|DF-15375||Field Furring Strip|
|DFR-15375||Residential Window Furr/Flashing|
|DF-SSP||Straight Splicing Part|
|DFC||Clips for Trim Attachment|