The Diamond-Furr ® Continuous Insulation (CI) System Trims have been created to meet the needs of projects complying with the new energy codes when using 3-coat plaster over rigid insulation.
The Diamond-Furr Drip Edge Trim (pt# DFWD-1375) is used over windows and doors similar to a conventional drip trim with one major difference. Our patented design has a built-in furring strip that extends beyond the rigid insulation by 3/8″. This furring strip has several significant benefits:
- The furring edge has holes punched every 3-1/4″ which are used to attach metal lath by making a butterfly tie with 18 gage tie wire. This completely removes the need to secure the lath with mechanical fasteners and effectively eliminates 100% of the penetrations through the WRB.
- No penetrations results in greatly reduced exposure to to moisture migration responsibility.
- The elimination of fasteners and penetrations means that additional peal & stick membranes are no longer required.
- Without the need for peel & stick barriers the full 7/8″ depth can be achieved at the critical termination points and less cracking will occur.
- The tie wire attachment method creates a flexible connection which reduces the possibility for cracks and thermal transmission.
- The continuous 3/8″ furring results in superior scratch coat embedment
For a complete system we recommend using Diamond-Furr’s CI System – Termination Trims with the 18 GA Field Furring Strips for the best possible protection against moisture intrusion, minimized thermal bridging and the most logical solution for terminating 3-coat plaster over rigid insulation.
24 Gauge Galvanized G-60
Full List of Diamond-Furr ® products for 1″ CI System
|DF-1375||Field Furring Strip|
|DFR-1375||Residential Window Furr/Flashing|
|DF-SSP||Straight Splicing Part|
|DFC||Clips for Trim Attachment|